At this time of the year, we are encouraged to consider New Year’s resolutions. While I think this is helpful, without reflecting on the year passed, we may find it difficult to feel into what most calls us forward.
Ideally find the space and time for reflection, to journal and feel into what’s true for you; what is going to move you towards your passion or heart felt longing and what takes you away from it.
You may find it beneficial to go for a walk, spend time in nature, practice yoga or meditate. Find something that helps create a container of quietness for reflection and intention setting.
Intentions come from the heart – they arise from the values that are most important to you. An intention is connected to your life’s purpose, and is a specific way of expressing it at a given time in your life.
Allow yourself lots of time to reflect and write on the following questions:
1) What am I celebrating? What am I grateful for? What has been wonderful and magical about this past year?
2) What is one aspect about myself that I have especially loved this year? What am I proud of?
3) What would I have done differently this year?
4) What do I want to let go of?
5) What do I want to call in for the new year?
This post has been inspired by https://maiaduerr.com/how-to-do-a-reflection-and-intention-process-for-the-end-of-the-year/