Registration to this amazing online short course is now open.
A 10 hour weekend workshop to integrate and explore the teachings will run on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th July from 12:30 – 6pm.
To register interest, please complete the form below.
Course fee: $480
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
This training is delivered primarily in online streaming video format, with printable handouts and visuals. You can complete this in your own time, as long as it’s done before the live workshop.
You can start whenever suits you. We suggest no later than two months before the workshop, to give you enough time for your home study.
You also have the option of downloading the videos, listening to the lesson via audio MP3, and/or reading full text transcripts of each lesson.
At home, you will complete the assigned lessons, then fill out reflection worksheets. You will submit these as you go along, prior to the practical workshop.
In addition to the online video training, there is a 10 hour weekend workshop with Gabrielle to explore what you’ve learned and apply the concepts to your own body.
AT HOME FOR YOU:
- 20 hours of video training – divided into 10 themed units with multiple lessons.
- Full text transcripts of the lessons – for easy review, note-taking, and international / ESL students.
- Downloadable / printable handouts – highlighting important terms and concepts for each lesson.
- Downloadable / printable visuals – bringing the details to your fingertips.
- Downloadable / printable worksheets – to fill out at home while you’re watching each class.
- Physical explorations – to help you embody the material while you’re learning new concepts.
- Asana Labs – If you are interested in a particular branch of yoga anatomy, or just want to learn more about how to use these principles with a specific population, you can delve more into your personal areas of interest. Examine specific asanas from an anatomical and teaching perspective.
- Building Blocks:
- Sthira & Sukha / Connective Tissue / Bones / Muscles
- Prana & Apana / Diaphragm / Ujjayi / Bandhas
- Strength, Flexibility and Movement
- Strength / Flexibility / Movement / Joints
- Curves / Disks / Backpain
- The Lower Limbs:
- Foot / Knee / Hips / Pelvis / Walking / Alignment in Standing Postures
- The Upper Limbs:
- Hands & Wrists / Forearm / Elbow / Shoulder / Alignment in Inversions
- Anatomy in Asana and Asana Philosophy
- Anatomy in Asana and Pain and Sensation
- Anatomy in Asana and Vinyasa
- Anatomy in Asana and Arm Supports
Asana Library is a collection of 20 poses, each examined in 3 ways.
Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews are recognised world experts in integrating the deepest principles of anatomy with the practice of yoga. By enrolling in this program, you’re giving yourself the opportunity to learn anatomy in a way that will ensure you practice/ teach yoga in an effective, inspiring, and safe manner.
Testimonials from courses
‘What a great course! The perfect combination of online tutorials and a weekend of discussion with fellow yoga teachers. Thank you Gabrielle, for your supportive and open-minded facilitation”. – Jenny Ellinghaus, yoga teacher and author of Yoga for Travellers
A great workshop Gabrielle. It was well explained and always paced out well for question time and personal inquiry. I particularly enjoyed the posture, breathing and anatomical explorations/experiences that really bought everything together for me; being a person who learns best through demonstration and experiences. Thanks again for allowing for an incredible space for yoga teachers to come together – Julianna G.
“I completed an anatomy teacher training with Gabrielle and it was fantastic. A beautiful, natural space with lovely energy and amazing, inspirational teachers. Thank you Gabrielle! – Sarah Cresswell